Pages

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Self Renovation

Motivation hit me like a smart bus yesterday. I realised that I really needed to pick up my game, that I wasn't being serious enough.

I used to aim for the best, the highest. However as time went by I became more complacent and more and more content with just passing. Until yesterday.

I was really dissatisfied with my effort.

Why did I become like this? Is it because I've gotten lucky throughout my life that I've assumed that I'll continue being lucky?


I've thrown myself into studying now. I'm trying to reinforce all the things I've learnt in the last year and a half right now. Language learning doesn't come easily to me. I have a lot of holes in my knowledge.

The fear of failing has put a lot of stress on my shoulders. So much so that I couldn't focus on working - all I could think about was how to improve my Korean.

I'm going to use this stress to my advantage. I'm going to use it to push myself beyond limits that I previously thought were impossible to surpass.

Perhaps I'll share my learning and revision progress later.


Other than taking care of my brain, I need to take care of my body too. I want to feel more beautiful I guess. Which girl doesn't?

I want to start an exercise routine, but I've been tired and too occupied with other things. So I decided to start simple. Nail polish and a face mask.

OPI Chick Flick Cherry



I lost my tape measure so I took two of the paper rulers at IKEA and taped them together.
Cheap Asian? Yes.
But it works. 





Pony xx

1 comment:

Queenie said...

Wow this post made me think of a LOT of things. I kinda connect with this because I've been feeling like things are just falling in front of me to pick up and well, yeah I pick them up and achievement gained. However I do believe that as time continues on, I won't be as lucky and will have to start making things come to me on my own instead of waiting for it to get to me.

I'd love to hear about your progress later because this post has definitely motivated me to work harder and if you update on your status, perhaps I'll get even more motivated!

Too many things to take care of! Body, mind, soul aaaa humans are complicated creatures. I hope you stay safe and don't let the stress get to you! ♥