Pages

Monday, June 11, 2012

Road to Pescetarianism

My ass is on fire. 
My exam is in two days and I still don't understand all the material. 

Saturday
It's back to work for me. I've turned down a lot of shifts the past week or so because of study. I did a pretty long shift - 9 hours. I was very ready to leave at 5pm. Co worker wanted me to stay another hour, but I refused.

For my afternoon break I decided to get some fries and a smoothie. Boost has Cookie and Cream for a limited time and I thought, why not? It's not too bad. I thought it'd be a bit funny because they use sorbet, but it doesn't make it weirdly tangy or anything.

I also tried Burger Edge fries with chicken salt. I love chicken salt. I don't care how bad for you it is, it tastes so good. I like these fries a lot more than KFC because in my experience, KFC fries tend to be soggy.

No study.









Sunday
Today, I slept all day. I was feeling pretty pooped after work on Saturday, so I took a "nap" and woke up on Sunday.

This might be TMI for some of you, but I've been experiencing a weird bladder thing. I'll have to get up to pee and I can't hold it. I have to go. It's not a daily thing, but the last time it happened I had to pee pretty much every 10 minutes.


Lamb and scalloped potatoes for dinner.
I still haven't told my parents that I'm trying to cut out red meat from my diet. It's not because I dislike red meat - heck I love it - but it's mainly for health reasons.
I look around and I see a lot of people overweight. I am determined NOT to become one of them.
I'm also concerned about diseases linked with health - diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure. My grandparents and mother have high blood pressure and have poor cardiovascular health. I really want to avoid that in the future.

I'm planning on cutting it out fully - avoiding any red meat at dinner time - before telling them.

Eventually, I plan on cutting out all meat with the exception of fish in my life. I'm not sure how long it will take, but I want to pace myself so that it'll stick.


I did enjoy dinner tonight though. Lamb with mint jelly is really yum. 


I can't wait for total freedom from educational commitments on Thursday. It means I can really get into the things that I've been wanting to visit and get into.

Pony xx

No comments: